WHAT IS CROSSFIT?
CrossFit is specifically defined as constantly varied, functional movements which are executed at a high intensity.
- Be prepared for the unexpected.
- Become better at life, everywhere, at anytime, for any duration, in any environment.
- Specialize in not specializing.
- Strengthen your weaknesses.
- Natural evolutionary movements, essential to independent living.
- Safe and compound (uses more than one muscle group).
- Encompass core to extremity extension.
- Have the ability to move large loads, long distances quickly and have the ability to produce power.
- Intensity that can be measured.
- Intensity is relative to the individual.
- Every movement and exercise is scalable.
- By scaling load and intensity, CrossFit allows athletes of varied skill and strength to complete the same program.
- You do not lift weights beyond your level.
- You do not perform movements beyond your skill set.
In CrossFit, you are considered an athlete, training not only for a better body but also for a better life.